1. Uncover your ‘emotional baggage’ e.g. unresolved issues, negative emotions, unhealthy or inaccurate mindsets, etc.
2. Take action to bring about your emotional restoration and wellbeing:
• God-help: Ask God to help you on your journey. Trust me, you will need His help to uncover, deal with any issues and embark your journey to wholeness
• Self-help: Identify specific actions you can START, STOP or CONTINUE to promote your restoration/wellbeing e.g. breaking or restoring a relationship, setting healthier boundaries (e.g. learning to say ‘no’), forgiving someone, avoiding isolation, etc.
3. A key part of your journey to restoration is monitoring your progress. So build in some ‘me’ time to prayerfully reflect on your progress and make adjustments when necessary.
Many of us (me included) rush around through life trying to accomplish our great dreams and goals. Day in, day out, we forge ahead at full speed despite the huge challenges and pressures we face (not forgetting the disappointments too!). Yet many of us don’t know when to apply the breaks. Before you know it, your effectiveness, productivity, capabilities, motivation, etc plummets. (more…)
Nowadays, we seem to be doing so much – all at the same time. Those around us are constantly demanding more of our time, efforts, and even our money. In return, we continue to yield even more. Being the resourceful creatures we are, we find ourselves wearing many hats such as wife/girlfriend, mummy, career/businesswoman, the older/eldest sister, student, friend, counselor, and much more – all at the same time. We just seem to keep pouring out. (more…)
In recent years, I have been looking into the emotional challenges women face and how this affects our ability to succeed. I discovered the fact that a number of us embraced certain myths, which in the long term could have a negative impact on our emotional well-being. And when care is not taken to redress this, our potential to succeed could be dramatically affected. Below are the top three myths I have come across: (more…)
Want to see a positive and lasting difference in the lives of the women you are working with? Start by working from the inside out. Simply put, change your focus and adopt a holistic approach. Rather than placing a huge emphasis on changing behaviours, support them in making internal changes in their attitudes and belief systems.
Why is this important? (more…)