Long hot days, flowers in bloom, barbeques and the prospect of taking some time out to read and reflect. Summer is a great season for throwing off the heaviness of colder months and moving forward into exciting new things. (more…)
Every year, millions of us start making plans to achieve our and/or professional goals. These may include landing a dream job, starting or building a business, buying a home, writing a book, embarking a training/professional programme, etc. However, if you are serious about making your goals/aspirations a success, I have a tip for you: Work on the inner you. Specifically, Get Rid Of Your Emotional Clutter!
Whilst the focus, this time of the year, tends to be on things such as sales, being merry, etc (NB: there is nothing wrong with this in moderation), why not take some time to think about the outgoing year and what you would like to achieve in the new year? (more…)
Here Are My Top 5 Tips To Help You Stay Out Of Debt As The Holiday Season Looms On Us.
1. Before you splash out on anything, give yourself a D-I-Y financial health check. Can you really afford all that you are planning to spend?
2. Set yourself a realistic budget and stick to it. Don’t just conjure any amount but look through your finances and base your budget on this.
3. Decide on spending the money you have i.e. money you actually have in the bank, not the credit allowances on your store cards, credit/debit cards, etc unless you have the means to clear them by their due date AND you are disciplined enough to do so!
4. Create a priority list of who is going to get what. Let’s be real here, you probably cannot afford to buy all on sundry everything and anything nor could you afford that 5-star luxury cruise. So narrow down your list to what’s really important. As for those who might be in a financial pickle right now, you might have to forgo the idea this year and plan better for next year.
5. Watch out for the ‘guilt trips’ when you decide to curb your spending to avoid a bad start to the New Year. You might also want to take a moment to consider what your motives are. Presents or spending money in generally should not be used to compensate for something else that is lacking!
BE WISE is the rule of thumb here. No one wants to cramp your style but do you really want to spend the rest of next year trying to make up for this years holiday season spending antics? Don’t know about you but I sure don’t want to enter the New Year penniless. Better to have a modest and affordable holiday season than to wind up like the hoards who gave their finances no thoughts and end up in a financial toilet!
Now, now, before you all shout me down, I am not talking about pride, as we know it. What I am referring to is self-pride or commonly known as self-esteem. A princess who has good esteem of herself has trust in her own abilities, qualities, and judgment. Moreover, she recognises her worth. Because of this, she takes pride in whom she has been created to be and never seeks to be a duplicate of someone else. She oozes with so much confidence in herself, that she can walk with her head high, set high standards for herself and truly pursue living a purposeful life. After all, she knows who she is……a princess on a mission here on planet Earth.
What about you? Have you recognized your true value? Maybe the price you have placed on yourself is far too low or you have simply lost sight of it as you’ve been running on the ‘treadmills of life’. So why not take some time out to re-establish your self-pride. After all, you are worth it!
Prides herself in who she has been created to be and never seeks to be a duplicate of someone else.
Recognises her worth and the greatness that lies within her. Therefore, she sets high standards for herself and lives by them. She does not tolerate inappropriate behaviour towards her and has healthy boundaries in place to safeguard her.
Insightful of her unique giftings, calling and, frankly speaking, why she is here on planet Earth! This then makes her focused as she strives to live purposefully, every day.
Never misses a good opportunity and seizes every chance that comes by her way. Never admits defeat but always looks for new and/or more ways to make things happen.
Continually nurtures and invests in herself spiritually, physically, emotionally, financially, educationally, and much more, daily – because she knows she is worth it! She spends time working on both the internal and external parts of her being.
Excels in all that she does and takes the necessary steps to be her best. Gives no room for procrastination, mediocrity, or fear. Known for always taking huge leaps of faith and boldly stepping where others may not have stepped before.
Systematically makes plans about her life and implements them. Because she is not selfish, she consistently considers how she can make her life count and impact her world.
Shares her gifts, talents, and abilities with the world as she recognises she is an Ambassador here on earth. She strives to leave a godly legacy behind and is celebrated well after she is no longer with us.