1. Uncover your ‘emotional baggage’ e.g. unresolved issues, negative emotions, unhealthy or inaccurate mindsets, etc.
2. Take action to bring about your emotional restoration and wellbeing:
• God-help: Ask God to help you on your journey. Trust me, you will need His help to uncover, deal with any issues and embark your journey to wholeness
• Self-help: Identify specific actions you can START, STOP or CONTINUE to promote your restoration/wellbeing e.g. breaking or restoring a relationship, setting healthier boundaries (e.g. learning to say ‘no’), forgiving someone, avoiding isolation, etc.
3. A key part of your journey to restoration is monitoring your progress. So build in some ‘me’ time to prayerfully reflect on your progress and make adjustments when necessary.
1. Strive to make the following reality in your life: Equilibrium, Harmony, Peace, Contentment, Pace, Time management.
2. Try to avoid triggers that may affect your wellbeing e.g. Stress, pressure, over-committing yourself, too much going on at the same time.
Do you find yourself always wanting to please others or seek their approval? Maybe they have made you feel inadequate in the past and you are striving to live up to who they expect you to be? Or it could be you are seeking to get their attention or love because, without it, you just don’t feel right? If that is the case, read below to discover what I personally did to overcome this. (more…)
Is your smartphone, tablet or other techie gadget getting more airtime/attention than God? Is social media driving a wedge between you and your heavenly Father? Are those pesky notifications becoming an irritation to the Holy Spirit? (more…)
I recently came across the lyrics of the song, “I am a survivor” by Destiny’s Child and it made me think. Whilst the song appears to be talking of a failed relationship, it can be applied to any challenging situation you may face (disappointment, loss, depression, ill-health, etc). For me, it was a wake-up call to say, actually, I AM A SURVIVOR – through Gods grace and no strength of mine (more…)
Have you ever started a project, dream or goal and but quit because of your fears? Maybe you had an idea but never got it off the ground because you thought it might not work out? Are you the type whose mind conjures 101 images of what could go wrong? Sounds like you may have been bitten by the FEAR bug? (more…)